Zablocki Library has laptop computers for public use in the library and a computer trainer assigned to provide customer assistance, thanks to the
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, Award 55-42B10549.
Zablocki Library, located at 3501
W. Oklahoma Avenue, opened August 12, 1963 as the Oklahoma Avenue Library.
In April 1984, it was renamed to honor the late Clement J. Zablocki
in response to the community's request. Congressman Zablocki represented
the area in the United States House of Representatives for more than
three decades from 1948 to 1983. A major remodeling in 1994 added a
courtyard entrance and updated the 14,739 square foot building for
technology. The site is 54,441 square feet.
In addition to a large popular materials collection and educational
resources, Zablocki offers a wide variety of programs including preschool
story hours, family events and computers for public use.
"Zablocki is the most heavily used of MPL's
neighborhood libraries. The staff is committed to helping all of
our customers find exactly what they need."
-- David Sikora,
Library Branch Manager